It is the time of year to make New Year’s resolutions, feisty ladies. There are so many resolutions to possibly commit to, but which ones to choose? After much thought and consideration, I have decided to follow the 12 laws of karma, in my own words and in my own way. See what you think.
- The Great Law: As you sow, so shall you reap. Great words for me to remember when plotting any type of revenge tactics. Your actions can come back to you at any time. This could be a scary thought.
- The Law of Creation: Life doesn’t just happen. It requires our participation. Work towards your goals and do not just talk about them. Just Do It! (Nike has IT right)!
- Law of Humility: Be humble and accept what is. It will still be what is if you accept it or not. Sometimes life sucks; you cannot change it. Move on, try again, and make it better.
- The Law of Growth: Change what is needed in your heart, your state of mind, and then your life will change, too. Stay positive no matter what. This can sometimes be difficult for me.
- The Law of Responsibility: Take responsibility for what is your life. Be active in your life; do not be a passenger. Change it as you need to right now. Change can be difficult but some things in life are not easy, right?
- The Law of Connection: The first and last steps are needed to accomplish any given task. Respect the journey and respect the whole process of doing anything. All the steps you take are important. They are all valuable. Enjoy the journey, something I am really trying to do.
- The Law of Focus: You cannot think of two things at the same time. Do one thing great. Focus! No multitasking ever! I really need to work on this one.
- The Law of Giving and Hospitality: Give without expecting to get anything in return. The universe must be allowed to fulfill your desires in the way it sees fit. And hopefully in the way that I want, too.
- The Law of Here and Now: Be totally in the Here and Now. Do not focus on the past; let it go. Do not focus on the future; be in the here and now. The future will create itself if you just let it. And I hope that it is great.
- The Law of Change: History repeats itself unless we learn the lessons we need to learn. No more loser guys for me; time for a great guy.
- The Law of Patience and Reward: True joy comes from doing what you are supposed to do and knowing that the reward will come in its own time. This one is really difficult because I need to work on being patient but if I keep the reward idea in mind, I can do it.
- The Law of Significance and Inspiration: The true value of something is the direct result of the energy and intent that is put into it. Put energy into something that will be valued. I will not blow my energy on things that are not valuable to me.
This is a great list. Perhaps I can do one of these laws every other day in every month of this year. (Sounds like a lot even for me). I will post these laws on my bathroom mirror and check in at the end of the day to see if I completed any of them that day. I keep you apprised of my progress. It should be interesting. Stay feisty ladies and remember the laws of karma